1) The daily grind. Literally commute-work-sleep
2) Exhausted. Deflated
3) Someone who wanders the streets aimlessly for pleasure
4) The joy of reuniting with a friend you’ve not seen in a long time
5) To be depressed. Literally to have the cockroach
6) Extremely, truly. Literally cow-ly
7) An eccentric person. A scatterbrain
8) To be done, or fed up. A feeling of despair
9) The disorientation felt in a foreign culture or country
10) Childish self-absorption. Literally bellybuttonism
11) To daydream, let your mind wander. Literally to be west
12) A funny comeback of thought of too late. Literally a staircase wit
13) Someone you can’t be seen with in public for fear they will embarrass you
14) To be on form. Literally to have the peach
Grind - a difficult or boring activity that needs a lot of effort
The daily grind of taking care of three children was wearing her down.
Deflated- feeling less confident and positive than before
Her criticism left me feeling a bit deflated.
To wander - to walk around slowly in a relaxed way or without any clear purpose
We spent the morning wandering around the old part of the city.
Truly – really
She was a truly great actress.
Scatterbrain - a person who forgets things easily or does not think seriously about things
I'm such a scatterbrain - I'm always leaving my bag behind.
fed up - bored, annoyed, or disappointed
He got fed up with all the travelling he had to do.
self-absorption - only interested in yourself and your own activities
Her self-absorption is total - she talks you to death about her health problems.
Daydream - pleasant thoughts about something you would prefer to be doing
Stop daydreaming and do some work!
Comeback – return
Her comeback to the stage was successful
To embarrass - to cause someone to feel nervous, worried, or uncomfortable
You're embarrassing him with your compliments!